I finished the scrubs for my boyfriend’s mom’s birthday sometime last week and finally got around to taking pictures (on my phone). They were easy enough to make. All together they probably took about a day and a half, but I did it in bits and pieces before and after work. I love the way they turned out although I wish I had placed the front pockets a bit higher. Her other scrubs said she wears a small, so I made the small size but they still look big. I hope they fit.

I was very happy because she seemed really touched that I would make them for her. She even said that just that day she was putting in an order for more scrubs because she needed more. I’m glad she thinks she needs more because these will be my go-to present for her (Even though she has a huge closet FULL of them).

I used (what I think is) a Simplicity or a McCall’s “It’s SEW simple” pattern for the scrubs. They’re unisex and come in XS,S,M,L, and XL. They have the option of ribbon on the shoulder, which I didn’t like. I finally got to test out the button hole setting on one of my machines. I still need to get the hang of it and practice a few more buttons but I love it. The purple fabric I used for the pants was scarce at JoAnn’s so I bought it from two separate bolts and didn’t have enough for the pockets so I subbed some top fabric and I think it adds a nice touch.

I typed up a tag on my typewriter for her.

Advertisements